Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries



















It has been SO long since I've posted a new recipe. I've made quite a few new things lately so I'm going to do a few posts in a row.
First up, cheesecake stuffed strawberries!

I first saw these on the Novice Chef's blog and new that I had to make them someday. I love cheesecake, I love strawberries, I love chocolate. I knew it was the recipe for me. So I made this recipe when I was headed to a get together at a friend's home. They went over SO well, everyone raved about this treat. I felt a little guilty taking so much credit for them because it seriously is one of the easiest recipes ever.
One tip, I suggest making them a few hours before you serve them and refridgerating them. After you first assemble them, the cheesecake filling is a little soft and tends to ooze out, so it's best to cool them in the fridge and let it harden a bit.

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients

2 large crates of fresh strawberries
1 box of Jello no-bake cheesecake
1 potato peeler

Directions
Wash strawberries and cut tops off. Using potato peeler (this was Novice Chef's recommendation and it worked so well!) carve out inside of strawberry from top.
Mix Jello no bake ingredients according to package instructions. This usually is just the powder and milk.
Put cheesecake mixture into a plastic ziploc bag and cut corner to create a squirter. Squirt cheesecake into hollow strawberries, overfilling strawberry slightly.
Dip tops of strawberries with overflowing cheesecake mixture into graham cracker crumbs.
Refridgerate for appx. one hour so cheesecake slightly harden.
*optional* Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over tops of strawberries

No comments: