Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Treat - Sorbet Pie



















Someone at work recently made this delicious sorbet pie. They found the recipe in a Cooking Light magazine but when I searched online, I couldn't find it on their website.
Here are some reasons I love this treat -
It's only 3 ingredients
You can make it ahead of time and freeze it
It's easy
It's relatively healthy

This dessert is great for summer because it's so refreshing and fruity. You can also vary it with different flavors of sorbet or even add fresh fruit to the top. I could not even get a picture of this full made because it was half gone immediately when I put it out at a recent get together!

Sorbet Pie
from Cooking Light Magazine
Ingredients

Oreo pre-made pie crust (you can make your own but if you are short on time like me, the pre-made crust is the way to go!)
Your choice of sorbet (I used strawberry for one layer and mango for another)
Cool whip

Instructions
Let sorbet sit out on the counter for about 10-20 minutes or until it's softened
Spread sorbet into pie crust - you can do one flavor or layers of different flavors
Cover with tin foil and freeze until ready to serve
Just before serving, add top layer of cool whip - or if some people don't like cool whip, allow the ones who do to add it to their own slice
Enjoy!

No comments: