Saturday, July 3, 2010

Smashed Potatoes.. easiest side dish ever!



















My favorite vegetable is potatoes. I love any and all types. I know there are healthier veggies out there but I don't care, I love me some potatoes.
For my dinner party I needed something kind of easy that I could make at the same time as the marbella chicken. I chose smashed potatoes. I basically just googled this name and found a variety of websites giving directions for making these, and I adapted it into my own.

Smashed Potatoes

Ingredients

1 bag of red potatoes
1/4 cup milk
A few slices of butter
salt and pepper

Directions
Wash potatoes and put in pot filled with water
Boil potatoes on a low boil for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft when poked with fork
Drain potatoes from bowl and put into a large bowl
Add 1/4 cup of milk and a few spoonfulls or slices of butter
Using a potato masher (I didn't have one so I used an egg beater... no joke), smush potatoes in bowl, making sure to leave some small lumps.
Add salt and pepper and serve.

No comments: