Thursday, March 26, 2009

3P Chicken

I am really trying to add more to my food blog to help myself keep track of my recipes AND to inspire other lazy cookers like me. :) If I can do it, so can you! So I've made a few things lately but just didn't get around to blogging them until now. Here we go..........


I am obsessed with Panko breadcrumbs.. I will admit it right now. I try to use them in every dish I possibly can. They are amazing. If you haven't tried them, go to the store and get them - they are usually right next to the regular breadcrumbs. They are bigger, crunchier, and just better overall in my opinion!
So this chicken is my invention based on some chicken dishes I have had at restaurants like Cheesecake Factory and BJ's Brewery that use similar ingredients. My husband and I love this chicken dish and it is SO easy to make.
I named it 3P Chicken because it's basically Panko, Parmesan, and Pesto.

Ingredients -
Chicken cutlets
olive oil
1 egg
Appx 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Appx 1 cup parmesan and romano shredded cheese
Alfredo Sauce
1 spoonfull of premade pesto sauce

Directions
Heat pan on medium-high burner, coat pan with olive oil.
Put chicken cutlets between to sheets of wax paper or saran wrap and pound thin. Whisk egg in shallow bowl. Mix panko and cheese in another shallow bowl or plate. Dip chicken in egg first, then coat both sides with breadcrumb cheese mixture. Put chicken in pan. Flip when bottom side is golden brown.
In a small microwaveable bowl, pour appx. 1 cup of alfredo sauce and add about a spoonfull of pesto. Mix and cover with saran wrap. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds or until hot. Do not overheat.
When both sides of chicken are gold brown, cut into chicken to make sure there is no pink remaining. Pour sauce on chicken.

I typically serve these with a side of potatos. I love Diner's Choice refridgerated garlic mashed potatos.. it's an easy side dish and delicious. Enjoy!

No comments: