Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blondies by a blondie

I used to buy a box mix of m&m blondies and make them with my mom all the time when I was growing up. Of course, they discontinued this mix (food I like ALWAYS get discontinued) so when I saw this blondies recipe on Just2Good's blog (who in turn got them from Lovestoeat's blog), I thought I could alter it just a bit to make it reminiscent of the blondies I used to love. They came out so yummy! I brought them to work and my coworker's raved. My husband loved them too and he's pretty picky with desserts (if it's not chocolate, he's usually not interested). I will definitely be making these again and again.











These pics didn't come out very good.. definitely let them cool before you cut into them because otherwise they fall apart. :)














Blondies
Ingredients
1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
12 Tbsp (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup chocolate chips
1 Cup baking m&m's or regular m&m's

1. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Line foil into length of 13 by 9-inch baking pan, pushing it into corners and up sides of pan; allow excess to overhang pan edges. Spray foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.

3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside.

4. Whisk melted butter and brown sugar together in medium bowl until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Using rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips and m&ms and turn batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with rubber spatula.

5. Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes; do not overbake. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan by lifting foil overhang and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those blondies are to die for! yum.