Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Panko... Chicken Pasta

I told you I love Panko.. I was not kidding. This is another recipe that is similar to my 3P chicken but it is a pasta dish and also very easy. Do we notice a theme here? When I make this meal, I usually do two version - one with Alfredo sauce and one with tomato sauce because I prefer Alfredo but my husband prefers the latter. It's pretty easy to customize it with whatever sauce you like. Recently a friend came over and when I made this and he made a sauce with 1 part Alfredo, 1 part Tomato, and about a half a shot of vodka. So it's pretty open to your interpretation!













































Ingredients

1 box of Angel Hair or Thing Spaghetti Pasta
1 carton of cherry tomatoes
Appx 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1 pkg chicken filets or boneless breasts
Alfredo sauce OR Tomato Sauce -- your preference
olive oil

Boil water in pot and cook pasta according to directions on box.

While pasta is cooking - Heat pan over medium-high heat, add a few tsps of olive oil to coat pan. Wash cherry tomatoes and put in pan, turning over frequently so all sides get heat. Cut chicken filets or breasts into small bite-sized pieces and sautee in pan, flipping over until both sides are lightly browned and chicken is cooked all the way through. Add a bit more oil to pan and pour panko breadcrumbs into pan. Using wood spoon, mix ingredients in pan and allow breadcrumbs to turn a golden color.

Drain pasta. Put pasta on plate and spoon chicken and tomato breadcrumb mixture over pasta. Pour sauce of choice over pasta.

This meal takes appx. 30 minutes from start to finish.

No comments: