Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lemon Pesto Tilapia with Roasted Tomatoes

When I saw the title of this recipe on EllaSaysOpa's blog - "Fish for people who don't like fish" - I thought, that is me!! I have lived in Florida my entire life but I have never really been able to accept fish as a part of my diet. I love tuna fish salad and I will eat shrimp if it's breaded, but that's been the extent of my fish-eating until lately. I've been trying to eat more fish since it is good for you, it's a nice change from chicken or red meat, plus B loves it. So I gave this recipe a try since I do love pesto and lemon flavors (as you can tell, it's a common ingredient in my other recipes). Well it came out great and B loved it too! He wanted me to make more, but I only bought 2 piece of fish. Now I know for next time. :) This recipe took probably only about 20-30 minutes to make which goes along with my quick and easy philosophy, so I definitely recommend it to all of you other lazy chefs out there who are like me!

















Tilapia with Lemon Pesto and Oven Roasted Tomatoes from Ellysaysopa
Serves 2

1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
5 cloves garlic, peeled/smashed (I used onion powder and some other dry spices instead because I didn't have garlic)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp refridgerated pesto sauce
1 lemon
2 tilapia filets, about 6 oz.
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 425. Toss the tomatoes and the garlic with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Roast for about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, juice the lemon and reserve both the juice and the juiced lemon. To the juice, add the pesto and stir to combine. Season the tilapia with salt and pepper and then spread the pesto mixture on top of the fish.

Take the pan of roasted garlic and tomatoes out of the oven and nestle the cut lemon into the pan. Place the tilapia on top of the lemon and tomatoes and put back in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the fish is flaky and no longer opaque. Spoon the tomatoes over the fish.

Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories: 282 / Fat: 13.5g / Carbs: 10.6g / Protein: 33.8g

No comments: