Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chicken Gyros


I was inspired by seeing some greek food on someone's blog (probably Ellysaysopa since I'm very into her stuff lately) and I wanted something quick and easy since Brett had a softball game later in the night.
I went over to Whole Foods which is right behind my school to see if they had pre-made tzatziki sauce and low and behold, they did! So this was a simple recipe -


Ingredients
Boneless Chicken Breasts cut into small pieces
Oregano
Juice from 1 lemon
Olive Oil
Cherry tomatoes
Red onion sliced
Tzatziki sauce
Naan (the thick pita things)

Cut chicken into small pieces and sautee in pan on medium-high heat with some olive oil. After chicken is almost cooked, pour in juice of one lemon. Sprinkle with oregano and any other spices of your choice.
Spread sauce on pita and add chicken, onion, and tomatoes. Enjoy!

No comments: