Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dijon Crusted Tilapia with sauteed veggies

I try to cook fish once a week or every other week. It's hard because I don't particularly like fish, and Brett loves it. Tilapia is one of the only fish I will eat because it's so light and not fishy tasting. I recently had Seabass at a restaurant though and loved it so maybe I will try that next time.
Anyway, I just threw this together one night because I had bought fresh tilapia and we planned on grilling it but it was pouring rain (which we needed because we are in a serious drought down here!). So I made up this random recipe and it turned out OK. Brett really liked it but I thought it tasted a little too dijon mustardy if that makes sense. He loves dijon mustard though so there you go. If you like it, you will like this recipe.


















Ingredients


3-4 tilapia filets
1/2 cup of dijon mustard
1 juiced lemon
1 cup panko breadcrumbs

Directions

Mix together dijon mustard and lemon juice. Dip filets in mixture on both sides, then bread with pank crumbs on both sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until panko is slightly brown and fish flakes easily with fork. You can also use extra dijon mustard for a dipping sauce.

Side dish
I made a quick side dish of sauteed vegetables while the fish was cooking. I simple sliced up yellow squash and zuchinni and sauteed it in some olive oil and italian seasoning.

No comments: