Saturday, May 16, 2009

Orange-Glazed Chicken

I saw this recipe first on Loves2eat's blog, which originally came from a Martha Stewart recipe, so I made it the other night and it turned out pretty good. It was very simple, it was fast, and it was tasty. Can you believe I had never cooked bone-in chicken before? That shows you how much of a rookie cook I am. I just always use boneless.. so this was a new experience for me but it went well. I made a side of instant mashed potatoes to go with it because we had a softball game to get to. I prefer Diner's Choice instant mashed potatoes.. and they are a good staple to keep in the fridge if you ever need a quick side and want some carbs. I am not an anti-carb person by any means.. potatoes are my absolute favorite side. :)
Anyway, here is the orange chicken and the recipe from Martha Stewart. I did, however, omit the salt because I try not to use a lot of salt when I'm cooking.







Ingredients

Serves 4

  • 8 chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds total)
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup orange marmalade
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange chicken in a single layer; season with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes. Brush with half the marmalade, and rotate sheet. Continue to roast, brushing once more with marmalade, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more.

No comments: